Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A $2.99 Breach of Promise

I am big enough to admit when I do shit that I have promised not to do.  Believe me.  And so, I feel it necessary to inform you that I went against my last post today to purchase a $2.99 colander.  Though my husband and I have been gifted with innumerable kitchen gadgets, for some reason, no one thought of ever giving us a decent-sized colander.  Consequently, I have been inexpertly draining things through a colander I bought at Ikea a billion years ago that's cute, but was designed to drain tiny single person meals like sad single servings of macaroni.  Which I used to eat in the dark, sitting on my kitchen counter and wondering why I didn't care more about the Olympics.  Also, since my husband likes to make "normal person pasta" (wheat-based) which I cannot eat due to my wheat allergy (forcing me to buy "sucks to be you" rice pasta), I worried that tiny bits of his wheaty, poisony pasta was still clinging to the itty bitty colander, waiting like so many molecular ninjas to attack my digestive system.

So, in the name of my small intestine and larger cooking abilities, I broke my "don't buy anything new for a month" rule.  I feel justified.  The exception proves the rule, doesn't it?  Oh, and I should let you know that I keenly regretted offloading all of my parmesan graters because the new recipe I tried tonight called for grated parmesan.  I had to buy pre-grated.  Shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment